Home Insurance Inspection FAQ
- Wind mitigation inspection - Evaluates how the roof is permitted and attached. Checks for potential hurricane-graded impact credits. Valid for 5 years. Needs to be updated after roof replacement Required for all homeowners. Interior/Exterior.
- Four-point inspection - Required for homes over 20 years old. Evaluates roof, plumbing, electric, and HV AC systems. Inspection must be void of any deficiencies. Any cited deficiencies must be corrected and pass a re-inspection. Typically, valid for one year. Interior/Exterior
- Roof certificate - Required for homes with roofs pre-2010. The verbiage on the roof certificate must give the roof more than three years of remaining useful life.
- Any qualified home inspector can do the four-point, wind mitigation, and roof certificate.
- You can use any qualified home inspector you would like. Below is a link to some referrals.
- The average cost of inspections $ 85 to $125
- Pontell Insurance recommends you request your inspector to complete your inspection on the Citizens Property Insurance specific inspection form.
Please note that Pontell Insurance has no affiliation with any inspection company.